Friday, October 14, 2011

Working Title Chosen

According to Arun Verma at the Creative Ignition blog, writing down a working title for a book helps give a writer "a concept to start working with". If that is true, then I suppose my approach to the task of choosing a working title for my book was somewhat backwards. I developed the concept and basic storyline first, and then I chose a working title I felt expressed the concept.

After much debate, the working title I chose is Spacemouse 9 and the Mission of Doom. The main character of the story, Spacemouse 9, is a small, mouse-like alien who is a member of a military order whose mission it is to patrol space in defense of his planet. Through a fateful chain of events on one of his patrol missions, Spacemouse 9 is transported to Earth. Light years away from his planet, it is here his odyssey to find a way home begins.

I like the ring this working title has. It is along the same lines as "Indiana Jones and..." or "Harry Potter and..." and will lend itself easily to a book series should things come to that. If I have chosen well, perhaps this title will endure to become the final title of the book. With the working title chosen, now it is time to get some writing done!

No comments:

Post a Comment