Thursday, March 1, 2012

More About Storybook Software

After playing around more with the open source "novel writing" software, Storybook, I  unfortunately found that the features that interest me the most are only available in "Storybook Pro", the non-free version of the program. Such features include a "gantt chart of characters" (creates time lines of characters lives) and the ability to export information out of the program in formats such as TXT and PDF. At first I thought Storybook was intended only as a tool to organize plot information, but the creators of the program proclaim on their website that Storybook "can be used as a replacement for a word processor". While that may be true, I think the way the program "compartmentalizes" the story information would somewhat mitigate against a writing style that flows.  Still, Storybook may have its uses. I think I will keep it around for a while longer. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment